Clear Aligners for Teens
Clear Aligners or Invisalign for Teens
Why Do I Need to Rinse My Aligners Before Putting Them Back On?
Whenever you remove your aligners, you should rinse them before putting them back in your mouth. The plaque and dry saliva that remains on the clear aligners after removal creates an ideal environment for bacteria. If these bacteria are not removed, they will begin to emit a foul smell. For this reason, keeping your aligners clean and sanitizing them regularly is vital to the health of your teeth and gums.
Can I Eat and Drink with My Clear Aligners or Invisalign In?
You should not eat anything while you are wearing your aligners and the only beverage that you can consume while you have your aligners in place is plain water. Also, before placing your aligners back into your mouth after eating or drinking, you need to brush and floss your teeth. After brushing and flossing, rinse your mouth thoroughly. In addition, remember to rinse your aligner before placing it back into your mouth.
Neglecting to remove your aligners while you eat and drink could result in damaged orthodontic appliances. Needless to say, if your aligners sustain damage and need to be replaced, the overall costs associated with your Clear Aligners Teen treatment will increase.
How Do I Clean and Sanitize My Clear Aligners or Invisalign?
To clean your aligners, simply use the Clear Aligners Cleaning System. This system consists of specially formulated cleaning crystals that are specifically designed to kill the bacteria and dissolve any plaque that accumulates on your clear aligners. Using this system is easy: just dissolve one packet of the crystals in a small cup of water and place your aligners inside.
Can I Still Have an Active Lifestyle with Clear Aligners or Invisalign?
Yes, you can still participate in sporting activities if you decide to straighten your teeth with Clear Aligners Teen. You will just need to remove your aligners while participating in these kinds of activities; however, remember to wear your mouthguard to protect your teeth. If you do not have a protective mouthguard to use while participating in sporting events, please let us know so we can have one made for you.
If you play a wind instrument (e.g., flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, etc.), you should also remove your aligners while you play.
How Often Do I Have to Wear My Aligners or Invisalign?
To ensure your Clear Aligners Teen treatment moves along as planned, you need to wear your aligners at least 22 hours a day. Neglecting to wear your aligners will only increase the length of time that you will be in treatment. If you abide by your treatment protocol, your clear aligners treatment may be completed within as little as 12 months' time.
What Are the Advantages of the Clear Aligners and Invisalign Teen-Straightening Method?
When compared to other teeth-straightening techniques, including traditional braces, Clear Aligners Teen offers patients several advantages:
- The clear aligners method provides patients with a discreet, nearly pain-free solution for addressing crooked teeth.
- When you choose the Clear Aligners Teeth-Straightening Method, there are no glues to contend with, no wires to poke you in the mouth, or to come loose and fall off.
- Whereas traditional braces require adjustments every 4 weeks, your clear aligners are all created at the same time. These aligners are created using a 3D model of your teeth in conjunction with an innovative software program; therefore, instead of visiting your orthodontist for an adjustment, you will just switch out your aligners every two weeks, or as directed by your orthodontist. Most of our patients say that they experience very little if any, discomfort when they switch over to their new set of aligners.
- As long as you adhere to the treatment protocol, your entire clear aligners treatment process should be completed two times faster than the treatment time that would have been required if you chose traditional braces instead. While each patient is unique, on average, clear aligners treatments are completed within 12 to 18 months.
- When treatment with traditional braces is complete, the patient must return to the orthodontist to have the metal brackets, wires, and glue removed: This can be a long, somewhat tedious process, lasting about an hour. When you choose clear aligners, upon treatment completion, removal is as simple as taking the aligner out of your mouth.
If you or your teen have crooked, overcrowded teeth, clear aligners be the discreet teeth-straightening solution you have been looking for. To learn more about the teeth-straightening options available, please contact our office today. At DiCiccio Freeman Orthodontics, we are dedicated to helping our patients attain the beautiful, gleaming smile that they have always wanted.