The Damon System can Replace Traditional Orthodontic Treatments
The traditional orthodontic treatment for addressing alignment issues frequently requires the use of a palatal expander and/or removal of healthy teeth to make an adequate amount of space for treatment. When this is the approach used for straightening the teeth, treatment times are longer and patients often experience discomfort. Furthermore, a flat profile and a very narrow arch may result. These negative aspects of teeth-straightening can now be avoided with the revolutionary Damon System.
What is the Damon System?
The Damon System is a straightening method that consists of high-technology, shape-memory archwires, and light, tieless brackets. This system is clinically-proven to align the teeth more comfortably and efficiently than the traditional treatments commonly used for straightening the teeth.
Benefits of the Damon System:
- Quicker treatment — the slide mechanism that holds the wire and the light, high-technology, shape-memory archwires allow for faster movement of the teeth than is seen with their traditional counterparts. Furthermore, the innovative materials and designs used in the Damon System allow the teeth to move more freely.
- Fewer appointments — with traditional braces, patients must return to the office for adjustments every 4 weeks; however, with this revolutionary teeth-straightening system, patients only return every 8 to 12 weeks.
- More comfortable — with the Damon System, patients enjoy greater comfort and consistent treatment without the need for adjustments every 4 weeks. Furthermore, with this system, there is no need to tighten wires.
- Easy to clean — the absence of elastomeric rings makes these braces much easier to clean than their traditional counterparts.
What is Damon Clear?
Many times, when adults are considering a teeth-straightening treatment they want an inconspicuous solution, a solution that is essentially invisible: Damon Clear is the virtually invisible teeth-straightening solution that is offered by the Damon System to address misaligned teeth.
The brackets that are used with the Damon Clear System are see-through with only a thin metal wire running through them; thus, making this teeth-straightening solution very difficult for others to see.
For individuals who have considered other invisible teeth-straightening options, but have been informed that they are not a candidate, Damon Clear may be their answer. The Damon Clear System can address issues that many of the other removable invisible aligners cannot.
Additional benefits of Damon Clear include:
- Faster treatment — since the light, high-technology, shape-memory wires move the teeth faster than their traditional counterparts do, patients enjoy quicker treatment times.
- Fewer appointments — with this treatment method, patients only need to return every 8 to 12 weeks, as opposed to every 4 weeks with traditional braces.
- Innovative materials — combines the use of high-technology, shape-memory archwires with tieless braces.
- More comfortable — because treatment is achieved without the need to tighten the wires every 4 weeks, Damon Clear patients are usually more comfortable during treatment than those patients who have opted for traditional braces.
- No concerns about losing aligners — since Damon Clear Braces remain in the mouth 24/7, there are no worries about losing and needing to replace clear aligners.
Advantages of Damon Braces
Many adult patients begin to notice positive changes in the structure of their face during the first 10 weeks of their teeth-straightening treatment with Damon braces. These positive facial changes are expected because, unlike other teeth-straightening methods, the Damon System is designed to straighten the teeth and to improve the patient’s overall facial result.
Besides straighter teeth that are less crowded, once treatment is complete, patients enjoy a fuller, wider smile, an improved profile, better facial harmony, and smoother cheek contours; all of which result in a more youthful appearance.
When considering a teeth-straightening method, choose the method that will provide you with the look that you want for the rest of your life.
To learn more about the revolutionary Damon System, Damon Clear and the other teeth-straightening options available, contact DiCiccio Freeman Orthodontics today to schedule your complimentary initial consultation with one of our experienced orthodontists. At your consultation, your orthodontist can determine if the Damon System is the solution for you. If it is, this system can help you attain the smile you have always wanted, can improve your facial harmony as well as provide you with a more youthful-looking appearance.